Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My Daughter is in South Africa with 3 children almost

Customer Question
My Daughter is in...

My Daughter is in South Africa with 3 young children almost destitute. They lived in Houston for 12 years. He promised her $2000 per month and agreed to allow the kids to move to South Africa. Now he has turned bitter and pays a pittance of around $200 per month. Claiming unemployed. Does State of Texas provide legal support in alimony matters. I am based in Vancouver and can chat if required. Rgds Barry McNamee

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No. Looking for one who wont charge my daughter a fortune.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

My Son in Law had issued her with a divorce notification from Washington State where he was residing on a temporary basis.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Texas provides assistance through their DA's office for RESIDENTS of Texas to collect child support not being paid by people residing in Texas. If he is living in Texas and has not paid child support to her, she can go through Child Support Enforcement in Texas for legal collection assistance, but for alimony she would need to hire an attorney in Texas and pursue him in court.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney