My daughter is just finishing a term in prison.her court…

Customer Question
My daughter is just...

My daughter is just finishing a term in prison.her court appointed attorney was also the prosecuting attorney in a case against her several years ago. Also said attorney had spoken to her stepfather before this happened,and did nothing to defend her. Is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

My daughter is finishing a prison sentence,which her court appointed attorney was also the prosecution attorney in a case against her several years ago.Also said attorney had discussed her wth her stepdad years earlier,is this legal?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No,her time is op in 30 days,in this small town it's impossible

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

A different lawyer called her in prison a week ago wanting her help on a case. He said: well you're taking the rap for these people,she hung up on him,she had a bottle of pills in her purse that did not belong to her

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 7 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your daughter's difficulties.

The Court should not have appointed an Attorney to represent her who prosecuted her a few years ago. That is a conflict of interest.

She should seek the help of another Attorney or contact ACLU (American Civil Liberties Union) for assistance.

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.