I have a question regarding legal response to a breach of…

Customer Question
I have a question...

I have a question regarding legal response to a breach of contract case. Specifically whether my lawyer is doing the right thing by listing 57 Affirmative Defenses and only one paragraph of General Denial.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No Paid my lawyer retainer and he just sent me a 13-page response for me to review

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Contract is $12K, and I have already gotton all the money back through credit card claim department by presenting our side of evidence. The plaintiff had the chance to repeal but decided to sue for $37K.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes he has denied everything an then listed specific defenses that might apply here. You have to raise these specifically in order to claim them at trial. You have a good answer here and this appears to be well written with many affirmative defenses.I think your lawyer here has raised as many as he can and you will be fine hearing to trial.I appreciate the chance to help you tonight.

I​ appreciate the chance to help you tonight.Thanks again. If you can positive rate 5 stars it is much appreciated.

But since the burden of proof of Affirmative Defense is on us, does this mean that we will be paying the lawyer for years to come? Would the judge rather see some specific information about the actual case being disputed? Instead of a laundary list that looks like can be applied to ANY breach of contract case?Why is it NOT good to answer the allegation one by one since we have such strong evidence?Thank you for your answer!
Can I give rating after follow up questions?