Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

IRS sent my refund check to the bank via ACH but the account…

Customer Question
IRS sent my refund...

IRS sent my refund check to the bank via ACH but the account number was incorrect the bank accepted the ACH without verifying the name and account the wrong account holder is not returning the banks calls so now the bank refuses any action how do I get my money owed back

Lawyer's Assistant: You can process your own refund by going to the Order History page and clicking on the "How do I get a refund" link below the amount paid for your question.

It was verified deposited in to wrong account!

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And just to clarify, when was the purchase made?

The recieving bank says I’ll have to litigate? I want to know my recourse

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Nothing with the legal system only with the IRS and Bank of Hawaii

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have IRS documents saying that deposited to this account number but it’s dosent match the account holders name

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/16/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 2 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties,

Contact the IRS to reverse the wire transfer. I know that U.S. Treasury CAN infact reverse a transfer made to an account. So, do not let IRS employee tell you that it cannot be done because I know that it can.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law