There was a post online making me out to be a person who…

Customer Question
There was a post...

There was a post online making me out to be a person who participates in affairs with married men. This post contains my pictures my first and last name and the city and state I live and work in. I have a few screenshots of conversation with the said man's child's mother. As well as proof of the post that has been shared on the internet. I don't know what steps I need to take.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I reported the page, but the post still stands

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at the moment

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/15/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If someone is making known false statements about you online and you know who this person is, then you have a right to sue them for defamation/libel for posting untruthful information about you to others. You can seek monetary damages from them as well as a court order removing the information from the internet, which would be served on the site owner where the information is posted ordering them to remove the information completely.

So you need to consider getting a local attorney to file suit and seek money damages as well as the order removing the false posting.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.