I am on prbation I receive a twic card in 2011 now I new to…

Customer Question
I am on prbation...

I am on prbation I receive a twic card in 2011 now I new to renew n I can't I have theft over 1500 dollars paying restitution. I need my job if I can't get a twic I will lose it

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Louisiana.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I went to court n it has been filed but I was able to get a twic before it was filed what can I do

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Ow can I get my twic. Card
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
12/15/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 5 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

TWIC says in the rules that you cannot get a card within 7 years of conviction, but you can apply for a waiver. So, if you cannot get the court to expunge the charge because you cannot get restitution paid off, you would need to try to get a waiver and prove you are compliant with all terms of the restitution and considered in good standing with the court as compliant. Other than a waiver or paying it off and seeking to get the expungement, if you are within the 7 years you really have no other way to get the card renewed.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney