I am the agent representing the buyer. Seller is not willing…

Customer Question
I am the agent...

I am the agent representing the buyer . Seller is not willing to give a deposit back , and some other details how can I call you . My cell #(###) ###-####

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

Moreno valley

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes we did send them demanded of notice of perform and then are cancelation base on the seller did want to paid a lien on the home . That was after escrow period was over and my client end on a hotel with his family since Nov 7. Seller send my client her cancelation as a mutual agreement .my client will not sing that .. we looking a a total of $11K is that small claims. ??

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/15/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

The $11k is above the maximum small claims amount. So, a claim would have to be in Superior Court. We can continue to discuss this. Just let me know your questions.

Do we need a lawyer for this ?

A lawyer would be able to flush out the paperwork and determine how this is a breach of contract by the seller. Usually, there are terms in a sales contract setting forth when a buyer can get a return of the deposit. Also, there could be a fraudulent inducement claim possibly. A lawyer can help with that. It seems that the seller is not wanting to return the deposit or requiring the buyer to sign papers. It is probably a good idea for the buyer not to sign papers without an attorney looking at it. Of course, the attorney would cost money though.

Let me know if you have further questions.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Hello again:

Just checking whether you got all that you needed from Just Answer. If so, let me know. if not, let me know. Thank you.