How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Phillips Esq. Your Own Question
Phillips Esq.
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Category: Legal
Satisfied Customers: 23789
Experience:  B.A.; M.B.A.; J.D.
Type Your Legal Question Here...
Phillips Esq. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Imn trying to find out if txu energy can order me to pay

This answer was rated:

imn trying to find out if txu energy can order me to pay 650.00 dollars because i went to champion energy i dont owe txu a dime i have paid them every month for 2 and a half years and left with a 0 account balance im living on a fixed income and the new energy co. is saving me 100.00 mdollars a month
JA: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.
Customer: texas
JA: Has anything been filed or reported?
Customer: they have me in collection
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: no

Hello: This is Phillipsesq. Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I do not understand your post.

Kindly review, edit, add proper punctuation marks, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed emergy providers i had txu znd changed to champion energy i paid off txu then in the mail.i vot a $650.00 dollar bill from txu. I owe them nothing,what can i do?
Customer: replied 11 months ago.
I changed energy providers i had txu energy and switched to champion energy. I paid off txu. I got a $650.00 dollar bill from txu out of the blue. I owe them noththing what can i do they have put me into collection this stinks

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your situation.

You need to send a simple dispute letter to the collections agency that you dispute the validity of the debt and they should stop contacting you immediately regarding the debt. Once you send this letter, they are required by Fair Debt Collection Practices Act to stop immediately from contacting you. They can however file lawsuit against you, which you can then defend by filing counterclaim against them for trying to collect a debt that you do not owe. Click on the link below for sample dispute and cease and desist letters:

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq. and 3 other Legal Specialists are ready to help you