Can a cop come onto private property to take pictures of…

Customer Question
Can a cop come...

Can a cop come onto private property to take pictures of things a person "needs" to get rid of?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Nebraska

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No. Nothing had been stolen. A cop keeps coming onto my property taking pictures of my personal property.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The cop got the town to vote telling us we needed to tear down our garage. We did and now our personal property is sitting in our law so a cop came over taking pictures saying it's an eye sore.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/15/2017
Lawyer: P. Simmons, Attorney replied 7 months ago
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

I am sorry for this dilemma. But not sure I understand your specific question. Is this a case where the building is in violation of the local code?

Can a cop come onto my property and take photos of my personal property?

Again, this depends on context...was the reason to report a violation of municipal code?