I am not able to pay (except small amounts) on 2 large

Customer Question
I am not able...

I am not able to pay (except small amounts) on 2 large credit card bills. Accounts are over 30 years old. I am 81 and just retired this past June of 2017. Can I get guidance or a referral to an attorney? Amex was passed on to Swicker and Associates P. C.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And when did the issue begin?

Texas-Houston. Started this year when I stopped working. Thank you for your quick response.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Amex said they were in early stages of filing lawsuit in Harris County.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not at this time.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/15/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear this; when was the last payment made?