Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What can someone do when they are being targeted by the law…

Customer Question
What can someone do...

What can someone do when they are being targeted by the law to sexually assaulted when they fall asleep or are placed in government facilities and the staff help assist in sexually assaulting the person in there sleep. And the whole thing is sanctioned by the Government and dismissed as a test. At the same time trying to give a settlement to victim thru unorthodox ways after lying,cheating, manipulating, stealing, the settlement that was suppose to be set aside for the attack.

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Can't file anything because this is Government sanctioned sexual assault

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/15/2017
Lawyer: Zoey, JD, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney

I'm Zoey.

I've reviewed your post. Please be patient as I may need to research for you, and it also takes time to compose and type a reply.

This would be a violation of your civil rights. If you could prove this had occurred, you would be able to bring a civil rights suit against the prison. You would need to contact a lawyer who handles civil rights cases. They would specialize in suits against the government.

Organizations such as the American Civil Liberties Union and the NAACP advocate nationally for the civil rights of incarcerated inmates. They may be willing to intercede on your behalf and provide representation to you. If not, they may be able to recommend a local civil rights lawyer who could help.

Just checking in to see if you need more help or any clarification of my answer. If so, please reply here on this question thread.

Justice gives may settlement

Here's hoping.

I strive for 5-star service. If I have addressed all of your concerns, please take the time to rate my service to you by selecting 5 stars on the rating scale, as a rating of okay or better is the only way that JustAnswer will give us Experts credit for our work. You would still be able to post further follow-ups on this question thread about this for no additional cost, even after I've been rated.

Best of luck.

Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD
Zoey, JD, Attorney