How and where do I begin filing a lawsuit against the

Customer Question
How and where do...

How and where do I begin filing a lawsuit against the Veterans Affairs

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes many claims-Denied.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have appeals pending

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/15/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Please give me a moment to review your question. I may ask some questions to clarify issues.

You mention that you have appeals pending. Are those administrative appeals or appeals in court? Did the VA do an investigation and denied your claims?

Not sure what an Administrative Appeal is. I filed an appeal for denied claims that's all. I feel that my evidence which includes written letters from VA employed Doctors should be more credible than the opinions of a mere physician assistant Comp & Pen examiner....this is my main beef.Also they missed diagnosing me for Diabetes II ten years ago can I stisll sue for that ?

When did you find out about the misdiagnosis?

Not sure what an Administrative Appeal is. I filed an appeal for denied claims that's all. I feel that my evidence which includes written letters from VA employed Doctors should be more credible than the opinions of a mere physician assistant Comp & Pen examiner....this is my main beef.Also they missed diagnosing me for Diabetes II ten years ago can I still sue for that ?Did not find out about the mis-diagnosis of having Diabetes :: since 2006 until 11/2010 when another VA Doctor diagnosed me with it and he told me my lab tests showed I was diabetic since 2006. I already filed for an Earlier Effective date but was denied 2-years ago.

Hold, please.

A claimant must either request reconsideration or file a lawsuit in federal court within six months of the date of denial or the claim is forever barred. Was any of the decisions made within six months?

Were any of the decisions of the VA made within the last six months?

No....now I may have Kidney Cancer due to the Diabetes II

Have you contacted any attorneys that handle tort claims against agencies? There are firms that handle these type of claims.

I have been in touch with a couple attorneys but none has been willing to help me ?

Unfortunately, if none are willing to help you that means that the case is not a strong case. Attorneys that handle these matters are paid on a contingency basis mostly and would take a case if viable and there could be a large return.