Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Im trying to figure out how to file a claim against my

Customer Question
Im trying to figure...

Im trying to figure out how to file a claim against my attorney for legal malpractice due to ineffective assistance of councel not sure where to start

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And do you have copies of the medical records?

This is in Colorado and it was assistance for a lawsuit involving the sale of my house to a real estate broker not medical claim is there a difference?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

My attorney had assisted me in the claim against the broker and then the case would have been dismissed because my attorney didnt know the real estate law and filed the wrong information to the courts so he made me file a motion to dismiss with prejudice dispite the fact that all evidenec was present and could prove beyond a reasonable doubt that i would have won at trial. my attorney refused to go to trial

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

The criminal investigator at the department of regulatory agencies real estate division has confirmed that the broker was in violation of the real estate licensing law and affirmed my complaint had sufficient evidence to prove the broker defrauded me out of $125,000 yet my attorney still made me settle for $15,000 before any of the requested documents had been received from defendant and the deposition proved that the defendant lied at least 4 times about important facts to the case. And he did not include many important documents into evidence including witness statements and half of the contract that proved unlawful conduct by the broker

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Your question was "I'm trying to figure out how to file a claim against my attorney for legal malpractice due to ineffective assistance of councel not sure where to start".

If you want to file for legal malpractice then you have to hire a lawyer and file a lawsuit, although they will likely try and file a claim with the malpractice insurance company first, if there is any.

You can file a grievance with the the state licensing committee at http://www.coloradosupremecourt.com/Complaints/FAQ.asp but they don't help recover money, they just decide whether any type of discipline, usuallt private, is required.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney