I had set the debt settlement with a debt sett company. But…

Customer Question
I had set the...

I had set the debt settlement with a debt sett company. But until now the discoverd card co.pay still cLl me pY bill again. They told me if I don't p6 bill until January 1,2018.They will sent my case to lawyer office waiting judgment.BUT I sign the debt settlement contract with Century ompany i>in May 28,2017.And I paid them half year.They never contact the is cover cars company5.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Thanks

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Discover credit card

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

I owed discoverd credit card bill, not the card.And I sign the debt settlement contract with Century company.The contract already 6 months But Century company never call discover card companyDiscoverd card company will she me

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

This is debt consolidation question

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

I have read your comments, but I don't see a legal question?

.

.

thanks

Because the Discover credit card company
Will sue me if I don't pay them bill until Jan 28,2018
I didn't pay them bill from Jun 2018.
Because I sign the contract with Century Debt Settlement.on May 2017.
From Jun2017, I just pay Century bill.
And Century never contact Discover card company.

Ok, I see more comments, but still no legal question... You have to actually post a question before I can answer it..

.

With that said, I will assume you are asking if Discover can sue you and what you can do to the debt settlement company...

.

Yes, Discover can and may sue you because they are under no legal obligation to agree to work with a debt settlement company. They don't tell you that when you sign up... but a creditor doesn't have to work with them and can just sue the debtor for the full amount owed.

.

As for the company, if you provided them with the Discover debt and they never even contacted them, then you could sue them for breach of contract for anything you have paid them since they have violated the agreement to contact your creditors and try to settle your debts.

.

It was my pleasure to work with you and help with your question. If you ever need me in the future, you can post a new question with "For Barrister" in the title and the JustAnswer employees will get it to me.

.

If you feel I have answered all your questions, I would very much appreciate a 5 star rating by clicking on the rating scale on your screen as that is the only way I receive credit for my work.

.

.

Thanks much

I already call the American Express card company to confirm my credit card number and make sure I pay $59 dollars to your company.

If you are referring to a phone call fee, it looks like that was rejected..

.

I do not participate in the phone call program for the site and limit my interaction with customers only to the website because I like to have time to think about a customer’s question and research it so I can provide the best answer possible in writing.

.

However, if you have requested a phone call with an attorney, your request will post to other experts that do offer this service. When another attorney accepts your request you will get additional instructions.

.

I am more than happy to continue on the website though..