We are starting a Real Estate Lending Company. We have all…

Customer Question
We are starting a...

We are starting a Real Estate Lending Company. We have all of our documents for a closing package ready. However we do not know if they need to be pre-dated to an estimated closing date and sent in PDF format to the closing attorney, or do we send the package in Word format with dates empty so that closing attorney can complete them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Georgia

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

No, we are asking about a closing package

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

You are referring to the loan documents for your future transactions, or is this related to a specific transaction?

First loan package will be sent tomorrow.

Thank you for the additional information.

You would send the loan package dated for the day of the closing. It would not be sent out until there was a specific closing date scheduled. So, it should be a PDF. You do not want editable loan documents going out for signature/closing.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

It will include: Introduction letter, Truth in Lending Disclosure Statement, Security Deed, Warranty Deed, Escrow Waiver Agreement, Georgia Waiver of Borrower's Rights, First Lien Letter and Closing Attorney Affidavit. Should these documents be sent with a closing date in PDF format or leave dates blank and send in a Word Format?
That is what we thought, however closing attorney seemed to want the package without the date being set.

You can leave the dates blank to be filled in upon signature.

You also do not (and probably should not) have to send out the loan docs without a scheduled closing date.

You can send out draft (non execution copies for review, if you want. Execution documents should not be sent until the closing.

Is it standard for these documents to be sent with blank dates? Is it acceptable to a closing attorney? Or is it not the norm?
it is normal for the signature dates to be filled when signed.

Did you have further questions? Have I answered your question?

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney