As an employer, is an emailed resignation from an employee…

As an employer, is an...
As an employer, is an emailed resignation from an employee sufficient documentation or would it be best to receive a written/signed resignation? The main reason for our concern would be disputing unemployment claims when they are not valid with proof of the resignation.
Thank you
12/14/2017
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

It is always best to have something signed and in writing. This way, it would be hard for them to dispute who sent it and it is possible that the email could be lost. If it is emailed, you could also print it and ask that the employee sign it, so there is evidence that this was provided by them. Many employees submit resignations via email and it can be accepted, once received by the employer but there is no hard is asking for a written resignation and have it signed.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Thank you for the great answer! That was all I needed to know, thank you!

You are welcome. Please let me know if there is anything else, as I would be happy to respond. If not, please remember to rate my help at this time at the top of this page, prior to leaving, so I can receive the proper credit, for our time together. A 5 STAR rating is greatly appreciated. Thank you.

LegalKnowledge, Attorney