I have had a hip replacement and a revision of that initial…

Customer Question
I have had a...

I have had a hip replacement and a revision of that initial surgery. The reason for the revision was that I had particle/metal poisoning and developed a mass of pseudo tumors as a result.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

The stated reason for the above problems was the original hip devise. I have contacted two attorneys who woln't legally address this because my hip is not on a list of hips involved in large quantity suits. Is there nothing that can be done legally even though my hip is not on a recall list?

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am in pa

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I am left with significant nerve damage and a dropped foot after the revision

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

It is not true there is nothing that can be done, it is just that bringing these suits is costly and many small offices do not have the financial resources to conduct this litigation. You are going to have to contact one of the larger product liability firms with your evidence that the hip implant was defective in manufacture and you do have a right to pursue them since the defective joint caused the issues you are now suffering.

There are some firms in the Philadelphia area that specialize in these medical device cases: https://www.levininjuryfirm.com/ or https://www.jminjurylawyer.com/ or http://www.doriangoldstein.com/

You will need your medical reports that you have showing how the device was defective, but there are firms out there that will take the suit even if it is not involved in a larger class action, especially since it is quite possible it could develop into one.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.