I would like to address a legal matter

Customer Question
Hi i would like to address...
Hi
i would like to address a legal matter
Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

What can I answer for you?

In my sons divorce degree it states below vii and viii and ix.
The divorce degree is from Pennsylvania, I live in Maryland. I always pick the kids up and take them back, the distance is only 45min to an hour depending on traffic
He in the meanwhile has a new girlfriend soon to be wife and dictates how I can spend time with my grandchildren. She herself has 2 kids the same age and insists I pick them up when I want to spend time with my grandkids. I would like to get legal advice if I do have rights and what these rights are.
• Can I insist on times to spend time with my grandkids
• Can I get a schedule drawn up
• Do I need to go to court
• What right does she have to push her kids on me
• What are my rights as a grandparent
• Do I get the kids overnightI also feel very strongly that her family is not a good influence on my grandkidsvii. The parents shall organize ways for their children to maintain his / her friendships, extracurricular activities, family bonding time, and other special interests regardless of which household they may be in. It is also suggested that toys, clothing, etc. not become matters of contention.
viii. The parents shall permit and support the children’s access to family relationships and events (reunions, birthdays, graduations, etc.). Events will be accommodated by both parties with routine periods of custody resuming immediately thereafter. Each parent shall have the option of proposing time or date variations to the other parent when special recreational options or other unexpected opportunities arise. Each parent agrees to provide to the other parent reasonable notice of proposed changes and variations to the custody schedule.
ix. It is the intention of the parents that the children be protected from individuals with poor character (including, but not limited to, individuals involved
with illegal activity, immoral or intemperate behavior or violent propensities). The parents shall, to the extent possible, avoid contact with such individuals of poor character.

You would need to petition the court in PA (where custody, etc. was decided) for grandparent rights. There's no "quick and easy" way to insist upon a visitation schedule with your grandkids. You have ZERO obligation to watch the kids of the girlfriend. As far as overnights, that would also be something you would need to petition the court for.