My toilet leaked from my condo to my neighbors bath

Customer Question
My toilet leaked from...

My toilet leaked from my condo to my neighbors bath downstairs from me and caused damage. Am I liabil to pay damages or are they. It is a 3 story condo

Lawyer's Assistant: Where is the property located?

33156

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

Zip code 33156 in kendall

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/14/2017
Lawyer: Barrister, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Barrister, Attorney

Hello and welcome! My name is ***** ***** I am a licensed attorney and will try my best to help with your situation. There may be a slight delay in my responses as I type out an answer or reply.

.

.

Yes, you (or your insurance) is liable for the neighbor's damages since your personal property (i.e. the toilet) leaked and caused damages to the neighbor's property.. You wouldn't be liable if it was some type of common element, like a shared drain line or shared water line that caused the leak..

.

I am very sorry that I don’t have better news, but please understand that I do have an ethical and professional obligation to provide customers with legally correct answers based on my knowledge and experience, even when I know the answer doesn’t make the customer happy...

.

.

thanks

Hello again,

.

I just wanted to touch base with you and check in.

.

Did you have any further questions I can help with?

.

.

Thanks much