Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

What organization represents wronged federal prisoners.

Customer Question
What organization represents wronged...

What organization represents wronged federal prisoners

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Kentucky Ohio

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

No

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

So much ....

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Ely, Counselor at Law replied 2 months ago
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

The following:

-ACLU (your local state chapter); and

-Center on Wrongful Convictions. This organization (as well as its sister organizations “Center on Wrongful Convictions – Women’s Project” and “Center on Wrongful Convictions of You”) accept cases of actual innocence and provides education to the public about relevant issues.(###) ###-####

There are other organizations that deal with rehab of former prisoners, etc. But you'd have to be more specific as to what you mean by wronged prisoners.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Not a wrongful conviction.. His personal belongings were not send upon death. Won fed lawsuit. Wrongful death in medical Facility

Thank you. This is not something that an organization exists for, I am afraid. You'd have to use a private lawyer, or find a legal clinic or or organization to do it at reduced cost, but there is no one organization dedicated just to that.

Please note: If I tell you simply what you wish to hear, this would be unfair to you. I need to be honest with you and sometimes this means providing information that is not optimal. Negative ratings are reserved rudeness or wrong information. Please be kind!

Kind Reminder: Please, use SEND button to keep chatting, or please rate positively and click SEND to submit your rating once satisfied. You may always ask follow ups at no charge before or after rating. "I STRIVE FOR FIVE!"

Ely, Counselor at Law