What is the average cost of probate after death for a person…

Customer Question
What is the average...

What is the average cost of probate after death for a person with a will

Lawyer's Assistant: It can cost anywhere from $10 to $100, depending on the type of issue and how much of the Lawyer's time your question is expected to take (how complex and lengthy an answer you require).

I am that person that has a will and am trying to set aside enough cash to handle all of my and my wife's expenses after death. My lawers have not mentioned any of their fees

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

Florida

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

I don't understand your question

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not really I am just trying to find out the average cost of probate

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Unfortunately, the gathering of the initial information is done by a 'bot and this one misunderstood what you were asking. It was quoting you the range of prices to ask the questions on the website, not the price for probate.

How much property is involved in the estate (both dollar value and the number of items given in a specific bequest)?

How many heirs are there?

How likely is it that someone will challenge the will?

Do you live in a county with a large city as the county seat or a rural area?

Real estate about 200 thousand 3 heirs It is not likely anyone will challenge. I live in Lee County Florida urban erea.
no I think I have the answer in your first statement, I will plan on about $1,000. Thank you
Ending chat

No, it will be more than that.

Tina, Lawyer