I would like to change my trust so that my daunter gets

Customer Question
I would like to...

I would like to change my trust so that my daunter gets $2000 a month instead of inheriting a lump sum. Would this be a codicil or what.

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Placerville, California

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

What do you mean, I have a trust.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I have other children and they can inherit the lump sum but this daughter has no regard or common sense for money and she would blow it. I would like my oldest son to manage her money.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: legalgems, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
legalgems
legalgems, Lawyer

Hello! I will be reviewing your question and posting a response momentarily; if you have any follow up questions please respond here. Thanks!

I am sorry to hear that you are having problems with your daughter and her finances; it is not uncommon so amending any estate plans to reflect that can be very useful in the long run.

A codicil is for a will;

for a trust, the proper term is an Amendment.

Essentially the title will be "Amendment to ______(name of trust) created on ____(date)."

Then if the trust has any specific rules those must be followed; otherwise the amendment will list the number of the clause that is to be changed, along with the text of that provision;

Then the terms of the new provision will be listed.

sample:

Division _ _(number)_ _ paragraph _ _(letter)_ _ , stating "......." is amended to read in its entirety as follows: _ _[Set out amended paragraph in its entirety].”

It is a standard precaution to include a summary statement that the rest of the trust is not affected.

It should be notarized to be effective, and attached to the back of the trust.

The above is authorized by Probate code 15400-15414;

Further questions? Please post here to continue the chat.

Satisfied? Kindly rate positively so I receive credit for assisting you. I hope that you feel I have earned

5 stars 🌟🌟🌟🌟🌟*****

as I strive to provide my customers with great service. ☺️

(no additional charges are incurred).

Information provided is for educational purposes only. Consultation with a personal attorney is always recommended so your particular facts may be considered. The terms addressing this can be viewed here:

http://ww2.justanswer.com/terms-service-0#information

Thank you and take care.

Hello again; just checking in to see how things worked out;

If you have no further questions a positive rating is most appreciated (at no additional cost to you) and allows the site to credit my account for the time spent assisting you!

if you have further questions please don't hesitate to reach out to me here on Just Answerand I will do my best to get you the requested information.
Thanks!

The above information is for educational purposes only. A consultation with a private attorney is recommended so they can apply the law to your specific facts, and suggest the best course of action. An attorney can be located here:
http://www.americanbar.org/groups/public_education/public-information/how-do-i-find-a-lawyer-.html
Terms of service can be viewed here: