Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I need information on how to give the title to a house that

i own to my son...
I need information on how to give the title to a house that i own to my son. The house is paid for and I don’t want any kind of compensation for it. I just want to sign over the title to him. What kind of legal documentation or process is necessary.
JA: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?
Customer: Georgia
JA: Has any paperwork been filed?
Customer: The title is on file in my name as owner
JA: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?
Customer: No
12/13/2017
Ely, Counselor at Law

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. Please note: This is general information for educational purposes only and is not legal advice. No specific course of action is proposed herein, and no attorney-client relationship or privilege is formed by speaking to an expert on this site. (You may also be offered a phone call, but those don’t come from me and are offered by the website and you are under no obligation to accept.)

This is actually very easy, and is done by giving the son a general warranty deed. See HERE for the form. This form gets signed and notarized, and is then filed (recorded) with the deed clerk in the county where the property is located. If you want to know specifically where to record it, and/or how to fill out the form, please reply and let me know.

"I STRIVE FOR FIVE!" My goal is to answer your question to your satisfaction. Please rate with five stars (★★★★★) and click SEND. It does not cost anything extra to rate. You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars. Rating my answer the bottom two stars or failing to submit the rating reflects poorly on me, even if my answer is correct. If you are not satisfied for whatever reason, or, have follow up questions, please simply reply with SEND before or after rating and let's continue to chat until you are satisfied. This is what I am here for.

Ely, Counselor at Law
Ely, Counselor at Law