Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

A mistake was made by someone helping me registering my dog.

Customer Question
A mistake was made...

A mistake was made by someone helping me registering my dog . She should have been a service not a support dog. But after finding out this mistake I tried to contact the tour to explain this mistake and willing to get the right paperwork. She refused to the new paperwork and kept saying I need to read over what we sent between us. How can they not want to exchange for the correct paperwork?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

California but wanting to fall foilage and parts of Canada.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

With the BBB no. Just what I sent her and between us.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Not that I can think of.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 2 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

What did the documents they sent to you say (basically)?

Registered support ESA dog certificate and copy of all access card with photo of dog, and their document of bringing a service dog into places we will be going.
I sent the first two because they needed documents.

Your question was: How can they not want to exchange for the correct paperwork?

They could have had a deadline for providing the documentation. as you probably know there is a huge difference between support animals and service animals, owners of support animals don't have anywhere near the rights as those of service animals, but I really couldn't tell you why they won't accept the changes. There are slightly different rules for service animals in Canada and, in addition, some requirements as far as what they need to bring them into the country but since that isn't listed I assume that's not the issue.

My guess is that there is something in the contract or agreement that provides a deadline or some kind of restriction on a service animal, since that is usually the hold up in this type of situation.

What I'd suggest you do is have a local lawyer write a letter to them asking them to specify the issue as well as providing a brief synopsis on the law regarding service animals so that the tour know you're serious.

Thank you.

You're very welcome. Once you find out the specific reasons then it will be reasonably easy to handle them (I suspect). You can also come back to this question thread for free follow ups after you issue a Positive Rating which locks it open and will no longer allow it to close.

If your question has been answered then I'd offer my best wishes to you and ask that you please not forget to leave a 5 Star Positive Rating so I receive credit for my work. Also please consider clicking "BONUS" as a nice way of saying "thanks" for a job well done, although this is neither required nor expected. Of course, please feel free to ask any follow-up questions in this thread. I want to be sure all of your questions are answered.

Goodbye

Bye.

You gave me your answer now disconnect. I have to contact another lawyer as u pointed out.

I can't disconnect. I can't close the question until you issue a positive rating, and we don't have a "disconnect" setting.

Dwayne B.
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney