A friend of mine came home to a "Sheriff's Sale" sign duct…

Customer Question
A friend of mine...

A friend of mine came home to a "Sheriff's Sale" sign duct taped on the side of her house for unpaid medical bills. What would be the next step to stop the sheriffs sale

Lawyer's Assistant: Because real estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Pennsylvania

Lawyer's Assistant: Has any paperwork been filed?

What paperwork

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No not at this time. I was just reseaching to see how to stop a sheriff's sale for unpaid medical bills

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: DamienJD, Attorney replied 8 months ago
DamienJD
DamienJD, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Does the friend have money to pay the unpaid medical bills?

no, she offered to make monthly payments of 50.00 but they told her that was not enough, she had to pay at least 200.00

Hmm. So, she already attempted to work it out with the Sheriff. Has your friend considered a Chapter 13 bankruptcy?

She could also attempt a Motion to Postpone Sheriff's sale.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.