Was in a car accident, I hire an attorney. The case was

Customer Question
Was in a car...

Was in a car accident, I hire an attorney. The case was settled and the checks came in the attorney had me to endorse check's saying that the checks must clear their bank account before they will issue my portion and it will take 10days according to the Arizona law the waiting period should be no longer than five days. What kind of paperwork should I receive to protect my interests. I really didnt feel comfortable endorse

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Arizona

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Should I stop payment on the check? And release the lawyer

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 7 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Which law are you referring to that says the attorney must release your settlement in 5 days?

Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call.
Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.

Do you have a copy of the retainer and your settlement agreement or release?

Are you still online with me?