I received a letter back in October from my finance company…

Customer Question
I received a letter...

I received a letter back in October from my finance company that from Harvey, they were pushing back 2 payments to help us out. So, I did some repairs that needed to be done from hasrvey. Then I started getting phone calls a month or so after that, saying that I am 64 days behind on my loan payment. I told them no, that I got this letter in the mail. And they said that it was a mistake on their part. And ttried making normal payment as stated on letter, it will not let me. Says I need to make a minium payment of $1790.00. And then yesterday, I get a letter stating that if not paid by saturday, they will be repoing my truck.

Lawyer's Assistant: When we are ready I'll take you to the appropriate web page.

Hello??

Lawyer's Assistant: Hello. How can I help?

Hello

Lawyer's Assistant: Hi. How can I help?

Need assistance with a legal situation with my car finance company

Lawyer's Assistant: What state is this in? And how old is the car?

Houston, TX 2015 Ford F150

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you contacted the manufacturer?

NO, this is going into a repo issue.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I received a letter in the mail station they were pushing 2 payments back to help with Harvey. About over a month later, they call and say that I am 64 days behind. Said no I am not. I got this letter. Said it was a mistake on their part. Said not my fault. NOw, on saturday they are repoing my truck.

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Actually, they cannot send the letter out to you giving you a grace period and then take it away and claim it was their mistake. Since they sent it to you and you relied upon it reasonably, as many ethical creditors did just that, you need to send them a letter and inform them that since you received the letter and reasonably relied upon the letter they are bound to the terms of the agreement formed and if they seek to default the loan and repossess the car they will be in bad faith and you will pursue them for bad faith damages. Attach a copy of the letter to your letter. This creates a paper trail.

You also need to call the lender and work your way up to an upper level supervisor to get them to accept your payment you can make and allow you to catch up on the loan.

If they try to repossess, you can sue them for damages for their bad faith in going back on the letter offer they sent that you had already accepted.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you!
Cannot stop them from repossessing the truck.

Thank you for your reply.

You need to get on the phone and start calling NOW, it is only Wednesday and do not wait for the weekend when it is too late if they do try to repossess. You should also seek to keep the truck locked up until you resolve this with the lender or if you must then file suit against the lender for breach of contract for trying to improperly repossess.