For a small time business just starting out selling tiedye…

Customer Question
For a small time...

For a small time business just starting out selling tiedye accessories, which would be better a llc or a s corp for state of florida thank you

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state the LLC is registered in?

Isnt registered yet just starting out in state of florida

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been officially filed? If so, what?

No nothing yet

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No just which would be better tahnk you

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: ScottyMacEsq, Attorney replied 4 months ago
ScottyMacEsq, Attorney

Thank you for using JustAnswer.

Probably an LLC. LLCs are "easier" than corporations (less formalities, easier to set up generally speaking, easier to understand). Now you're going to want to elect to be taxed as an S corporation, but actually setting it up would be best with an LLC.

Hope that clears things up a bit. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

Did you have any other questions before you rate this answer?

Where do I start and with who.

The best way to do it would be to use a service such as Legalmatch or another site that handles it all for you. Now setting up an LLC in Wyoming or Nevada would be the best protection, and there are a number of services that do that (just Google them). You can also set one up registered in Florida alone. https://www.swyftfilings.com is another site that can help you with this.

Are you there? Please note that I am still here, awaiting your response or rating... (please note that rating closes this question out, so if there's nothing else, please rate it so that I can assist other customers that are waiting for answers to their questions).

If you can't see the stars, you may need to scroll up / down / left / or right to see them. This is where you rate so that the question will close out.

Can you see on your screen where you need to rate it? Note that you may need to press a "submit" button after clicking on the appropriate star rating. This is what I'm waiting on from you. Thanks!

Hello?

Should I continue to await your response, or may I assist the other customers that are waiting?

My apologies, but I must assist the other customers that are waiting. If you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Please note that I don't get any credit for the time (over 1 hour now) and effort that I spent on this answer unless and until you rate it positively (3 or more stars). Look for the stars on your screen (★★★★★). You may need to scroll left/right/up/down to see these stars, but note that the rating is what closes out this question, so it is necessary that you do so.

If you feel that I have gone above and beyond in this answer (my average answer is about 10 minutes) bonuses are greatly appreciated. Thank you, ***** ***** luck to you!

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please don't forget to Rate my service positively. It's only after you rate that I am credited.

I see that you have not responded in some time. Please note that this question is still open until you rate it. I believe that I have answered your question, but if you have any other questions, please let me know. If not, and you have not yet, please rate my answer AND press the "submit" button, if applicable.

Hello?

ScottyMacEsq, Attorney