IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO GET EMERGENCY MONEY FROM MY UPCOMING…

Customer Question
IS THERE ANY CHANCE...

IS THERE ANY CHANCE TO GET EMERGENCY MONEY FROM MY UPCOMING CHECK?

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

NEW JERSEY

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

NO

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I LIVE AND TAKE CARE OF MY 83 YR OLD MOM WHO JUST HAD A STROKE AUG.2.17!

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Lucy, Esq., Attorney replied 8 months ago
Lucy, Esq., Attorney

I'm Lucy, and I'd be happy to answer your questions today. I'm sorry to hear that this happened.

There unfortunately isn't any state or federal law that requires an employer to give employees an advance on their paychecks. You could ask your employer if this is something they offer, but it's entirely up to them.

Some banks offer direct deposit advances to customers who have their checks automatically put into their account. They charge fees, but that may be an option for accessing emergency cash. Or you could look into check cashing facilities near you. Many of them will accept a post-dated check, give you money, and wait to cash the check once you get paid.

Please rate my answer positively so I get paid for the time spent answering your questions. If you're on a mobile device, you may have to scroll to the left. Thank you.