Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My daughter is travelling from Michigan to Florida. She

Customer Question
My daughter is travelling...

My daughter is travelling from Michigan to Florida. She gives herself chemo shots and will need to give one while she is here. She only has carry on not anything checked. Will she be able to bring her shot (which has to be on ice or refrigerated) on the plane with her?

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/13/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Absolutely she will be able to bring her medication and needle on the plane. She will need to make sure that she has the prescription from the doctor and a note explaining the need for refrigeration, but the TSA does not refuse any medication or medical devices with proper documentation and in fact TSA does not want liability for any medications being checked in checked baggage in case they get lost.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Law Educator, Esq., Attorney