Will a attorney take a divorce if someone has complete

Customer Question
Will a attorney take...

Will a attorney take a divorce if someone has complete control of all money but there is plenty of it. Proof provided, doesn't hide assets just has taken control. Liver cancer and transplant is when he took control. Now thinks he is king and become so mentally abusive, I am in hell. He claim I get nothing. I put paychecks and interest in our account. He called it that I wrote checks, full access. Trusted him, and he never had time tonight flashing his pocket change. 8-9 grand. Refuses to pay medical bills.I had no chance off living through liver.I am so called miracle. Should of seen the look on his face when I lived. He bought a sport car and his excuse? Your supposed to be dead. You get off my back ,you put me through snuff. I apologize for sounding off.**** Just please let me know what my chances are of getting decent representation????

Lawyer's Assistant: Because family law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Virginia , Fairfax county

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

I am afraid to find out I have no way out.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Would you?

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/13/2017
Lawyer: LegalKnowledge, Attorney replied 7 months ago
LegalKnowledge, Attorney

Hi! I will be the professional that will be helping you today. I look forward to providing you with information to help with your question and concern

you have my ?

Good morning and I am sorry to hear of this. Yes, an attorney may. If there is evidence that the other party is financially able to pay for the others attorney fees, the attorney may take the case, contingent upon this A Judge can order that one party pay the fees of the other party, so the attorney can start the case and work on it and make this demand, when they file, if the other side controls all the money.

no I don't have access to money. One ? Will a lawyer take a divorce Case if I prove there is money, I can't get to. Positive a judge will not think he is a good guy. I am big C, liver transplant, amongst other problems. He is still mad I lived
what are my chances? He will get the best. He is ruthless. I don't have to be mean just tell the truth.

It is at the discretion of the attorney. I saw this because they would have to start working on the case and may have to wait to get paid. If there is a divisional of the marital assets, you should be awarded money and that could be used to pay the attorney in the event the Judge does not order, for some reason, that they pay your attorney fees as the case proceeds.

If he has money and is retaining counsel, the Judge will not allow you to be prejudiced by this and remain unrepresented so if there is money, it can be ordered that you have access to it and can use it for counsel.

I just wanted to follow up and see if you had any other questions or needed me to clarify something. I am here to help, so please let me know. Thanks!

Va is 50-50 . He is so awful to me.I needmefs to live here Threatens health insurance ,food, e every thing. Wants me in a box if i leave. Handicapped and he supports me. Stopped paying bills when I lived. Bought a muscle car, spent 40 grand. He deserved it and I was supposed to be dead. I was in shock , i survived surgery with1% function of liver. A miracle that he was mad about. Broke femur following month and stuck in a wheelchair. He showered me with a hose and that was not the worst he did.

I am sorry to hear about all this and know it is tough. The Judge should not allow him to control all the money and leave you with nothing and your rights need to be presented and protected during the divorce proceedings. As such, it can be ordered that he pay for your attorney fees and it could be ordered that you have access to the bank accounts and money live off of. He could also be ordered to pay temporary support.

I think he will be nasty and yell at judge. I plan on walking with more than him. I have been gathering for this, since he said he will kill me. Any advise on finding this lawyer?

You simply want to consult with local divorce attorneys this morning and advise them of the situation. Share with them you are looking for representation but the issue with paying a retainer, as a result of him controlling all the money If you can present proof of all the marital assets, they will see what you would be entitled to and know they will get paid for their services, so they may consider taking the case.