I need a legal advice on an insurance case. CA. A month ago…

Customer Question
I need a legal...

I need a legal advice on an insurance case

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

CA

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

A month ago a rea ended someone A claim for property damage was filed

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And my insurance just told me he retained a servce of an attorney for bodily injury

Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 7 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today.

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only. What specific questions did you have? I have an idea about your situation, but I don’t want to make any assumptions.

I just received a mail from my insurance saying the other party in the accident that happened in November has retained an attorney for another claim, bodily injury and the attorney want them to disclose my infos about my limits. I would like to know if I should disagree or agree?

Have you spoken with your insurance company about hiring an attorney for you to help defend these claims?

No yet. I want to know what I should do
the insurance told me say no will make settlements challenging
we are in the same insurance

My recommendation before you do anything is to contact your own insurance company about this claim. The reason is because your insurance company should be the one that pays out any potential claims and usually they have an attorney that works for them they hire to represent you in cases like this. Ordinarily, it's common for the other party to ask for what your limits are, but in case you are wrong and to prevent you from admitting something that could be used against you later, then you will want to ensure that you get connected with the insurance company so they can handle the matter with you and for you to a certain degree.

In addition, outside of a court order and outside of the discovery process (where a lawsuit is filed and each party is looking for information) you're not required to provide it to them; however, my recommendation is usually to let your insurance company handle it. They will typically deny the bodily injury claim and then let the other side decide if they want to try to sue or continue to negotiate or do nothing, which is usually preferred. Did you have any other questions for me?

The insurance told me that they are going to handle the claim and that no disclose my informations will make their job tougher

That's correct. You should follow their advice on that completely because it'll make it a lot tougher in their case. What other questions did you have for me?

The other question is to know if this is going to after my premiums?

It may alter your premiums. However, that depends entirely on your insurance company. The more they pay out and the more often they pay out claims, the higher the risk they will consider you and it is likely it'll go up, but that's going to be up to them come renewal time. Was there anything else I could help with?

basically my insurance is going to handle it for me even though we are both their customers?

Yes. That's not an uncommon scenario. I've been through it myself in the past. What other questions did you have for me today?

Thank you for your help. I appreciate.

The pleasure is all mine! Unless you have additional questions, there’s just a few other things I’d like you to know before we wrap up this conversation:

1. Could you look on your screen and provide me a star rating? 5-stars are always appreciated.

2. For your benefit, you can also click here in the future to request me individually.

3. Don’t forget, if you haven’t already, you can always sign up for a membership with Just Answer and start asking more questions on the cheap.

4. Don’t forget to tell your friends about justanswer.com!

Hello

Hello!

Is it possible to ask more questions or should I pay again?

Sure, what's up? It won't be extra.

I decided to move forward with the insurance.
However I am disappointed

Ok, tell me what happened.

I believe this is just to take advantage of insurance and it is going to affect me
I read ended him but he slow suddenly on freeway. No time to adjust
I owned it. It is life. I learnt

I can understand your concern. This is part of what insurance is there for. If you didn't have car insurance, then the other party would come after you personally for their damages. The insurance companies deal with thousands of accidents every single day and they are able to adequately assess the risk of this. The insurance is there to help protect you personally for a relatively low amount each month. They have expert negotiators and lawyers at their disposal as well to assist. It's unfortunate people do this, but it's part of the game they play.

But I am pissed off because my friend booked a flight for his family back home and since a month the agency cancelled an itinerary without tell me. When they found out the agency want them to get another date. They refused and choose the option of refund as presented. Since this week they don't want to refund them but to get them another flight ticket. They cancelled everything back home weeding and baptism. Now the agency said they would incur fee. What can we do?
Thank you for this word.

Hi, I want to make sure we're still talking about your car insurance issue. Is that correct?

No. It is another issue. Should I pay for that?
The latter was an another issue that pissed me off
Just let me know if I should pay and how much?

I can understand. So basically a travel agency cancelled your travel without any reason?

They cancelled an internary in the flight without a reason
When we asked them. They just told us to find another date or ask for a refund.
After many failure attempts we decide to take refund
Now they found another tickets when all events have been cancelled

You could.

This appears to be a classic breach of contract if they cancelled for no legitimate and legal reason. A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Thank you so much . I will follow

You bet!