What should a vendor (seller) company do, if they are listed…

Customer Question
What should a vendor (seller)...
What should a vendor (seller) company do, if they are listed as one of the defendants of a law suit against the manufacturer. Manufacturer already filed under Chapter 11. It's a cross border proceeding
Thanks
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 7 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
The entity needs to be represented by counsel. martindale.com and findlaw.com are both excellent lookup directories. Both highly rated. Both used by lawyers. Easy to search and find local options.Counsel would normally file an answer and cross claim for indemnification and contribution against the other defendants. If there is insurance insurer should be notified and it may appoint counsel to do this.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Awaiting your reply, thank you!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.
I was interested in risks and what might happen to my company, not a referral.
What risks are there for my company?
Thank you for answering
Risk would be a money judgment for the amount of the claim, bad press and incurring legal fees in defense.
What I proposed before were ways to address such risks!if I can elaborate on anything, just ask me.Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Sorry but your response doesn't sound helpful