Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Can I sue a mortgage company that issued a pre-approval

Customer Question
Can I sue a...

Can I sue a mortgage company that issued a pre-approval letter based on income & credit, then denied the loan ?

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

Michigan

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Idk they just called me & told me. I sent them all the info they requested & then waited a week to make sure it was ok to make an offer. they said congrats on finding your home & yes. I then made an offer through our realator & we signed a purchase agreement with seller's. I immeadiatly contacted Quicken & told them our offer was accepted & was again told congratulations, only then did we get excited & tell our children as well as family that we were moving back to our hometown.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I'm a 1099 employee & they are claiming that I am not eligible for a home loan until 2 full years of tax returns are filed on the buissiness.

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: INFOLAWYER, Attorney replied 2 months ago
INFOLAWYER, Attorney
Where lender misled you and you suffered a loss relying on that letter you can proceed.You want to prepare your case by creating a time line starting from the earliest event. For each event, write down key details and witnesses and if there is a document that relates to it, save it and refer to it. This timeline can be very valuable in narrating your case and presenting it later in a concrete and specific way.A lawyer letter from a local lawyer can be effective in several ways. It can avoid costly litigation and help bring about a settlement. It also helps organize the claim and if it goes to court shows the judge you tried in good faith to resolve it!By being prepared and pressing your claim, the other side should feel the pressure and consider the risk of losing and legal fees. That realization can help bring about a settlement!Please let me know if the reply is acceptable by responding “yes” or “acceptable”
Thanks. Please select the 5 star (*****) rating on your page for the answer. Happy Holidays!
Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as experts are not employees of the site and do not get any credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.
INFOLAWYER, Attorney