For some reason my boss ex girlfriend is always harassing…

Customer Question
For some reason my...

For some reason my boss ex girlfriend is always harassing she call me all sorts of name like you illigal sex slave can i take action against her i ben if i dont have any prove of current harrasment but do of old actions againt me

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

NC

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

I dont work with her but its full time she has a office in the same building as our office

Submitted: 5 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Loren, Attorney replied 5 months ago
Loren, Attorney

Thank you for using JA. I am Loren, a licensed attorney for over 30 yrs., and I am here to help.

I am a certified expert on JustAnswer since 2009, with nearly 100% in 5 star ratings. So, we should be able to work through your problem.

I appreciate your patience as I review your question. I will post my response shortly.

This is general information and no attorney client relationship is established.

The site may ask you if you wish to speak by phone for an extra charge. Many find the phone call to be the easiest and fastest way to get the information they need without posting on a public forum. I am also happy to continue online.

There may be a slight delay in my replies as I am assisting other JA customers also. I will reply to your follow up questions.

WHILE WE ARE CHATTING DO NOT CLICK ON THE BUTTON TO REQUEST A SECOND OPINION. IT WILL LOCK ME OUT OF THE CHAT AND PREVENT ME FROM REPLYING TO YOU.

Is she a fellow employee of the same company as you?

Is your employer participating or encouraging the harassment?

Do you believe you were treated differently than other employees due to race, religion, ethnicity, etc.?

No she has her own office in this building and no on the other question

Thank you for the additional information. I am sorry to hear of your dilemma. I realize how frustrating this is for you and I hope to provide you information which is accurate and useful, even though it may not be the news you were hoping to get.

Without involvement or instigation by your employer, name calling by a non employee is not really something you can take action on, especially if not related to race, religion, ethnicity, etc.

You may want to say something to your boss to see if he can speak with his girlfriend to stop the name-calling, but it is not really something a court can provide a remedy for.

Of course, if your employer is participating in or encouraging the harassment, it may constitute a hostile work environment environment based upon sexual harassment, but you would need to connect your employer to the harassment.

I am sorry. I wish I could tell you otherwise, but I do not want you spinning your wheels on this.

If (and only if) you are completely satisfied that your question is answered, please remember to leave a favorable rating (click 5 stars in the rating section on this page). It is the only way that I am credited by JustAnswer for answering your question.

There is no additional charge to you for rating me favorably.

Did you have further questions? Please let me know if I have answered your question satisfactorily.

If you have no further questions please remember to rate my service (5 Stars) so that I am credited by JA for answering your question and also so that I may close the question.

There is no additional charge to you for a 5 star rating of my service.

Thank you!

Loren, Attorney