This involves expungement of a domestic issue from some 60…

Customer Question
This involves expungement of...

This involves expungement of a domestic issue from some 60 years ago. Beaver County, but...I'm presently in Washington state, retired, and sadly, down to lint in my piggy bank.

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

No

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

How can we assist you?

I need some specifics on how to accomplish this long overdue task. At the moment these old charges are debarring me from entering Canada (5 miles away) to visit family and friends among other considerations. I seem to be finding out that "you can't get there (expungment) from here. No forms on line or by mail, personal appearance required? Costs? I understand a $59 fee for "filing" the completed forms. But no clue about costs of legal assistance, since, short of hijacking transportation and scavenging along the way, I can not afford the journey to W.PA!

What is the specific issue preventing you from entering Canada?

Tina, Lawyer