Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

How to resolve legal issues in public education. Texas. I am…

Customer Question
How to resolve legal...

How to resolve legal issues in public education.

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I am wording a contract with a national publishing company. Want to be sure all negotations are workded such that we follow texas law.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Thats it

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Expert James, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer

Hello! My name is***** have over 12 years of legal experience. Please allow me some time to review your question.

In order to understand your question better, are you saying you want the contract to be subject to the jurisdiction if Texas law, should any disputes arise?

I received your request for a phone call, but something went wrong with the request. If you want to continue with the phone call, then you must contact customer service to fix the problem: 1(###) ###-####

No phone conversation needed. How would I word that I want any future legal negotiation to follow the statutes of Texas law?
Please answer my question for &5
Thank you

Thank you for your patience. Your answer is below. When you get your answers, you will be asked to give a rating - 4 or 5 stars are appreciated. This is important because this is how I credit for doing my job. Don't worry, you can still ask related follow-up questions even after you've given a rating. Thank you!

ANSWER: In your contract/agreement, you should include a clause that reads:

"GOVERNING LAW AND JURISDICTION: Parties to this Agreement submit all of their disputes arising out of or in connection with this Agreement to the exclusive jurisdiction of the courts of the State of Texas."

I hope that answers your questions.

▼ RATING REQUIRED! ▼ Please remember to click on 4 or 5 stars (★★★★) on your computer screen. This is important because this is how I get credit for doing my job.

A BONUS is also appreciated if you feel I've earned one today. And remember, you can still ask follow-up questions if you need to.

If you want to talk on the phone, I am available to do that for an additional fee.

And if you have new questions in the future, you should write FOR JAMES in the question. That way, I become your personal Professional.

Thank you!

Expert James
Expert James
Expert James, Lawyer