I need to serve U.S. Bank National Association a Civil

Customer Question
I need to serve...

I need to serve U.S. Bank National Association a Civil Summons and Complaint filed in State of New York Supreme Court County of Suffolk. I tried serving the named Registered Agent in the state of Delaware, but it was rejected as they stated they are no longer the registered agent. How and Where can I serve them?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

New York

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes. Summons & Complaint has been filed. Co-Defendant M.E.R.S. has been effectively served already. Need to serve US Bank, NA now

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

No. That's about it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Have you looked whether they have a registered agent in the state of NY?

No. Someone told me to just serve the secretary of state, but i'd prefer to have the Summons & Complaint hand served directly to someone at US Bank, N.A. or their direct representative
I dont want them to get me on "bad service"

Ok, so is this U.S. Bank, Inc.? Or is this a government entity you are serving? The reason I ask is because typically the procedures are a bit different.

U.S. Bancorp is a bank holding company based in Minneapolis, Minnesota. It is the parent company of Defendant U.S. Bank, National Association. U.S. Bancorp is a Domestic Banking Corporation, organized under the Laws of the State of Delaware. U.S. Bank, National Association maintains a principal office at,***** Cincinnati, Ohio 45202 with the registered Agent for its parent company, U.S. Bancorp being, The Corporation Trust Company, located at,***** Wilmington, DE 19801. I served the stated corporation trust in DE and that is where it was denied.

I see what you mean. Ok, so if they are going to be doing business in the state of NY, then they're going to need to file for a business license (and probably a banking license) in the state of NY. This means that they're going to have a registered agent for service of process there. It is also possible that they may have headquarters there as well. What you may want to do is to go to the SOS site for the state of NY and type in the name. Regardless, you may want to consider a Google search to see if there are any executives, officers, or any law firms that represent the organization as well. Sometimes, service is not real simple, so you may want to enlist some help. If you go to www.thumbtack.com, you can find a professional process server in your area as well. Finally, if for some reason you're unable to serve them, you can explain this to the court. Just make sure that you are engaging in "due diligence" in finding them by following those steps I recommend, plus any others you may think of between now and then.

What other questions did you have for em today?