You may not want to its more that i have a problem with the…

Customer Question
You may not want...

You may not want to its more that i have a problem with the attorney I believe. I sm trying to close the estate of my uncle the lawyer kerps telling me he doesnt have the files anymore it was 2012 once i paid him almost $16k for a $39k estate i never heard from him again but i an still paying the bond. I dont know what to do.

Lawyer's Assistant: Estate laws vary by state. What state are you in?

New Jersey

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

He has everything hold on...

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I had this text msg: Good afternoon I have a file # if that helps MCKE-073112 and a court docket # CP-0244-2012. There has been a huge lifechange my father fell ill so in mid July I hurriedly moved in with them here in Georgia (hate it). I know this estate business is not over because i just got the bill for the bond. Thank you for checking as I know you are very busy. Kind regards, ***** *****

Submitted: 4 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Dwayne B., Attorney replied 4 months ago
Dwayne B.
Dwayne B., Attorney

Hello and thank you for contacting us. This is Dwayne B. and I’m an expert here and looking forward to assisting you today.

Please allow me several minutes to read your facts and type my response both initially and when you add a follow up question or add facts. Please don't ask "are you there", "where is my answer", etc., since when you post it can erase what I am working on. If we are having a conversation unless I tell you I am going offline, I will be here but I may be doing research.

Is there a specific question with which I could assist?

Actually i think no. I tried to encapsulate the issue above. I need guidance so no thank you. Have a great day.

I will opt out and let another expert try and assist but they are likely to have the same issue. There are not real questions above, just facts and statements.

I did say i dont know what to do so perhaps thats the question what do i do? I do apologize if i am not clear ... thank you for recognizing my statement as fact I do appreciate that
What was the $42 charge for, please?
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 4 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Ray here a new expert.My suggestion here is that you order up the courts file here from Surrogate Court to see what has been done and what has not.All pleadings here, inventory, and disbursements, etc are all there.From that point you either have to complete probate yourself, hire another lawyer, or withdraw as executor.I am not sure if you are an heir, if you are not then you may just decide to withdraw in writing.These are your next steps here.

You likely can search online here too.Here is one example

https://mcapps.co.monmouth.nj.us/Web/Surrogate/SurrogateList.aspx

If you give me the county I can get you that information.Thanks for your patience.

Thank you Ray actually I am the only heir thank you. It was Essex County Newark NJ

Call or email here for documents and status

Essex County Surrogate's Court
Hall of Records, Room 206
465 Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr., Blvd.
Newark, NJ 07102
Phone: (###) ###-#### Fax: (###) ###-####br />

Ray, Lawyer