I received my card recently. In addition to continuing

Customer Question
I received my Green card...
I received my Green card recently. In addition to continuing working at my employer, I also want to start working as a freelancer. Is this safe option? I heard getting transactions in-n-out directly of my bank account might not be the best option for all scams going around sometime. Can you please share your recommendations/approaches I should take to ensure everything I do related to freelancing is legal. Thank you very much.
Submitted: 7 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 7 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

If you want to work outside of your primary employer as an independent contractor you may do so. The best way to set up payments for independent contractor is either through PayPal or if the party employing you is verified you can set up a separate bank account you use only for the payments for your independent contracting, this way you do not have them with access to your regular bank account you use every day.

Quite honestly, most of our independent contractors prefer getting paid via PayPal as it is simple and very fast.

Please do not forget to leave positive feedback by clicking on the 5 stars at the top of your page, as the experts are not employees of the site and get no credit for spending time with customers unless they leave positive feedback. Thank you.

Thank you. This helps. Regarding paypal - will this has to be paypal personal or business type account?

Thank you for your reply.

Actually, I would suggest a personal account and then you would ask them to pay you as "family and friends" to avoid large service fees.