If my father has possession of a general power of attorney…

If my father has...

If my father has possession of a general power of attorney that I provided to him and now his wife has full power of attorney over him since he has alzhemiers/dementia. Can she use my power of attorney? Does my power of attorney transfer to his wife? Does she have full power of attorney over me? It is recorded with the city of Austin, TX.

Lawyer's Assistant: Can you tell me what state this is in? And just to clarify, what paperwork has been filed?

I just said Texas.

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes its recorded at the City of Austin Texas

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Maybe after he answers the question.

12/12/2017
P. Simmons, Attorney

Hi, My name is***** am an attorney with over 16 years experience. Hopefully I can help you with your legal question.

It does not work that way...that is, you assigning your father as "agent" for your affairs (you giving him POA) will NOT transfer to his wife. She can not use the POA that you gave him.

Also, you can revoke the POA you gave your dad at any time...for any reason.

Please let me know if you have more questions. I am happy to help if I can. Otherwise, please rate the answer so I may get credit for my work.

P. Simmons, Attorney
Revoking the power of attorney in Texas requires a Texas notary, I believe. I live in California. If that's not true. Please let me know. If I can record, in Texas, a Revocation of Power of Attorney from California would you please explain how?
Also, Is it valid approach to revoke the power of attorney through an email in care of his wife? Can i send an email to his wife as notification?
Thank you
Troy
Phone call session started