Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

I recently had a Fue hair transplant, they charge me for…

Customer Question
I recently had a...

I recently had a Fue hair transplant, they charge me for 2000 graft but looking at it it doesnt look like I got 2000, by searching for ways to see how can I find out how many graft were implanted, I find out that the technicians should have a counted recorede sheet wich I ask to see and they habe not responded. Also my consult was with a sales representative wich acted like the Dr and after I find out he wasnt the Dr, I guess he is operating under a Dr licence which I dont know if that is legal in Fl. The Dr never peforme any kind of procedure on me it was the technicians, the anaesthesia, and the surgery was peforme by technicians, is that eve legal in Fl?

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

Dont understand?? What do you mean?

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If there is any legal matter, if there is way to find out how many were really implanted and if they are even legal to perform such surgery?

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Legal Eagle, Lawyer replied 2 months ago
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

Ok. Thank you.

Great, thank you! Bear with me a moment while I review…

I'm sorry to hear about your situation. So, if you have concerns that they botched the job, your best bet is going to be to get a 2nd opinion on this from someone else who is qualified to perform these kinds of surgeries. You can ask them the questions that are concerning you the most such as whether they should have counted the recorder sheet and whether having a sales rep is a normal part of the business. If you find out that they do things differently and you would have expected significantly different results, then you may have a case of breach of contract.

A breach of contract just simply means that one party was obligated to perform and they have either have not performed or have said that they will not perform. Typically, the aggrieved party is entitled to be returned to the same position they were in before the breach. There’s a site that I’ve used in the past where you can find a good template for advising of a breach of contract. It's a bit easier (and cheaper) than going through litigation and I have seen it be effective in the past. If this doesn’t work, sadly, the only other option is to either go through an informal mediation or file a lawsuit in your local court. This website is also pretty cool because you can download the forms right after purchasing. Click here to get started.

What other questions did you have for me today that I can help you out with:-)?

Are you still there?

I'm here.

Should i start by getting a second opinion or are they supposed to provided me with a recorded sheet if i ask for it?

So, there's no law that says that they have to provide you with a recorded sheet; however, if this recorded sheet is a part of your medical record, then yes, they have to provide it to you. This is likely the case. The HIPAA Privacy Rule generally requires a provider to furnish your medical record within 30 days after they receive your request.

Did you have any other days for me?

How are you? Can you retain this case?? There is alot more to it, just found out the techinicians were not supposed to peformed the entire surgury, the techician were the one the draw the hairline, apply anesthesia with I ask if they had licenced and thr responded was it didnt matter? I got a bunch of top Doctor opinions in which everyone lean to the same, graft to sparse , hairline not done correctly, and also as we speak Im in the ER with a possible infection in donor area

Hello, I certainly wish that I could; however, I'm not licensed in your state. I'm very sorry. If you check out your local attorney referral service, you can find some good malpractice lawyers who may be bale to assist you the way that you need. Did you have any other questions for me today?

Base on what I have told you , do you think I got a case, because I tried solving this issued with the sales guy that pretended to be a Dr, and we didnt get nowhere , he is operating under another Dr license, that Dr was the one to apply the anesthesia, draw my hairline and start the procedure not the technicians, can both be sued?

I think that you have a case based on what you told me. It also sounds like they not only be liable for breach of contract, but also negligence. I have reason to believe that their insurance carrier should pay you out for this; however, expect a bit of a fight and do what you can to get your ducks in a row in advance.

Did you have anything else with which I can help?

Ok. Thank you, do you know of any good lawyer who deal with this here in Florida

I hate to say it, but unfortunately I don't have any contacts down there.

One of the hardest things to do sometimes is find a lawyer that you can trust. Google searches are a good place to start, but usually the lawyers who pay the most can get bumped up to be on the first page regardless of their quality. One thing I recommend is going through your state’s lawyer referral service (LRS). The LRS in each state typically requires the attorney to have several years of practice, be free of discipline, and have adequate staffing to assist people. Here is the link for the Florida LRS click here.

Legal Eagle, Lawyer