Have employee threatening we promised full time and now only…

Have employee threatening we...

Have employee threatening we promised full time and now only offering part time. In addition left voluntarily for 3 months and filed for unemployment in CA telling them we laid her off. Reported to Ca. Would like her to quit. We are in Florida.

Lawyer's Assistant: Is the employment agreement "at will," union, full time or part time?

At will, not sure whether she was offered full or part time but nothing in writing.

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Only want her part time are we exposed anywhere

12/12/2017
Legal Eagle, Lawyer

Hello! I am a licensed attorney, admitted to practice in state and federal court. I have a nearly 100% satisfaction rating (click here for more info) so all that means is that you can count on me to help today. Because I want to provide you with the most accurate answer possible, do you mind if I take a moment to review your question?

Please keep in mind that our conversation does not include an attorney-client relationship and this is for general information purposes only.

ok

Thanks so much for your patience. So, could you describe to me the circumstances of offering her full time? Was this a promise that you made? Did you tell her that this was something that you were only considering?

Legal Eagle, Lawyer
The ad on indeed said hiring full time and part time, my people saying they did not promise anything
Phone call session started

Hi, I see you requested a phone call. That’s excellent! I have just one customer in front of you, but I will call you in approximately 30 minutes.

got to leave in about 20 please call my cell(###) ###-####

Ok, I'll call ASAP.

Calling now.