Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

My died in dec 2014 left nsurance for 50,000 to estate no…

Customer Question
My died in dec...

My died in dec 2014 left nsurance for 50,000 to estate no probate was filed so ins co paid some state ter 50,000

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

He died in calif ins co the hartford

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

Statement frmn Hartford stating that they could only pay estste not next of kin

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

If I can get the money back being I am the father

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Damien Bosco, Attorney replied 2 months ago
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney

Hello: My name is ***** ***** I am an attorney. Are you saying you are the Father of the decedent. The decedent had insurance. The beneficiary was the estate of the decedent. No one opened an estate proceeding and the insurance company turned the money to the state? if this is the case, after opening up an estate proceeding, the personal representative of the estate can obtain the money from the state of California. If you are the only heir, then that money would be your money.

Let me know if you further questions or if something is unclear to you.

Hello again:

Checking in to see if you need further help. Your satisfaction is my goal, and I'm happy to answer a related follow-up question you may have. If I have not answered your question completely or missed a question, please let me know and I will attempt to answer it. If you are satisfied with your answer, please provide a positive rating between 3 and 5 stars at no extra charge so I can get paid for the service I provided to you. Best regards.

Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco
Damien Bosco, Attorney