This is a custody case with AZ jurisdiction. Case currrntly…

Customer Question
This is a custody...

This is a custody case with AZ jurisdiction. Case currrntly being transferred from Maine to AZ for jurisdiction reason. Child currently is with the father at a Motel 6. We agreed to mediation originally but he is unable to pay for the hotels anymore. I am paying for it starting tomorrow. Given the circumstances does it qualify for emergency hearing with AZ court?

Lawyer's Assistant: Since laws vary from place to place, what state is this in?

Can you see my messages

Lawyer's Assistant: Have you talked to a lawyer yet?

Not yet since we agreed to mediation

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

And case being transferred from Maine

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law replied 8 months ago
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry, but I am having difficulty understanding your post.

Kindly review, edit, properly identify the parties and your issues, ask specific question(s), and resubmit.

Thank you for your cooperation.

The petitioner is my child Tristan’s father age 7 currently stays at a motel 6 in flagstaff AZ. I️ live in Culver City california. We have a custody and parental rights case that’s being transferred from Maine court (where they both lived last year) to AZ for mediation. The father has run out of money and asked for my help financially just now. I️ paid for a week of motel 6. His future plan is to get financial aid and go back to school so I️ts unclear if he can sustain himself financially. In the mean time there is no court hearing scheduled yet. My question is should I️ request the court to have emergency hearing based on the situation he can’t pay motel 6?

Thank you for the information.

Kindly give me a few minutes to prepare my response.

Thank you for your patience.

Yes, you should. Also, because a Motel 6 would not be an ideal environment for the father to be with the child. You should be requesting for sole physical custody until the father can get his situation straightened out.

Best wishes,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

What would be the appropriate legal process? We are currently waiting on order from Maine to transfer to AZ and start mediation

You need to file the Emergency Motion with Maine, which currently has Jurisdiction of the case. However, if the Order from Maine has already been transferred to Arizona, then you need to file Emergency Motion with the Superior Court in Arizona in the County where your ex-husband currently resides. You would need to obtain blank Motion forms at the Courthouse in the Clerk's office or on the Court's website.