Inhave. Mn. I. I have reported a home health aid that was…

Hello inhave Lawyer's Assistant:...

Hello inhave

Lawyer's Assistant: What state are you in? It matters because laws vary by location.

Mn

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes I

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Yes I have reported a home health aid that was caring for my husband who has ALS to her place of employment for theft make i unauthorized copies of our keys being in our home without our knowledge the home care service now is claiming that she stole nothing is saying I gave her permission to make keys now are not willing to replace locks and replace items that are missing not sure where to turn

Sorry I pushed return. We did give her the key as the service said she could clean, do laundry or what needed to be done. The first sign of trouble accurred when we left the house at the same time as her. She knew we would be gone from the our home for 3-4 hours. When getting ready to go I had locked the sliding door. When we returned I noticed that the slider was not only unlocked it was wide open with only the screen door as a barrier also my husband noticed his remote was not on the coffee table next to his chair. Next time she was working the first thing she said was that I had left the slider opened. When I asked her how she would know that she said she had come back to “charge her phone” when she was questioned about the incident she said she did not recall our conversation and was not in our home.The woman lived 20 minutes away. In oct we were going on Vacation and I said it would ok for her to work her schedule while we were away. My nephew was staying at the home. She asked if she should make him a key and I told her no I would provide him with a key. She at some point had told my husband she had made a blue key for my nephew. I was not home at the time and his reply was if that was the case to give me the key. She did not give me the key and I was not aware of the conversation until much later. When my nephew gave me back the key I had provided the aid was present. I set the key on the counter at which point the key disappeared. The next time she was working I told her I needed the key we had given her and she presented me with an orange key, the key we had provided her with was silver. That weekend my husband noticed that the I-pad that had been provided by the VA to be used when he experienced speech difficulty was missing. Along with 2 bottles of meds. Some cosmetics and metal artwork he had ordered as Christmas gift. Initially the service was very supportive but now are refusing to change our lock. Discuss replacement of the missing items. As they believe we are wrong and she did not steal anything.And are going to terminate service the end of the month. We will not allow any employee from the company back in our home at this point and are at a loss as to what to do and worried that she maybe taking care of people much more vulnerable the we are
12/12/2017
Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law

Hello: This isCustomer Welcome to JustAnswer! I am reviewing your post, and I will post my response very shortly. Thank you for your patience.

I am sorry to read about your difficulties,

You need to go to your local Police Station and file complaint against the aide.

In the meantime, you need to get a locksmith and immediately change your locks.

You may also consider retaining the services of a local Attorney who handles civil litigation to sue the home health care company for the actions of its employee.

You can use the following sites to find local Attorneys:

Lawyers.com

Justia.com

Findlaw.com

Consumeradvocates.org

Goodluck with your case,

A positive rating to my response is appreciated so that I can receive credit for responding to your post. There is no additional cost to you for giving a positive rating.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Phillips Esq., Attorney-at-Law
Thank you....there is quite a bit more I could have added but that was the situation in a nut shell. I did save all email correspondence with the agency. In your opinion would it be in our best interest to pursue the agency...we are on a fixed income and limited funds for a lawyer. What are the chances we would be successful in your professional opinion...we are just sick about this entire situation

Unfortunately, I cannot give an opinion, because that is considered giving legal advice, which I am prohibited from giving by terms of service.

You need to start by filing complaint with the Police and let the Police assist you.