My husband just told me of a scary "possible" active shooter…

Customer Question
My husband just told...

My husband just told me of a scary "possible" active shooter in his work place. He is a contractor for the government. This person is under "watch". The FBI, NCIS and other agencies all are aware of this person. What can I do if something DOES occur if these agencies are on alert ?? Will I be able to file a law suit against these known agencies or the government if my husband is shot ? injuried ? or killed at work ??

Lawyer's Assistant: Because employment law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

South Carolina

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

Yes by multiple federal employeses.

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
Answered in 1 minute by:
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Ray, Lawyer replied 8 months ago
Ray, Lawyer

Hi and welcome to JA. Ray here to help you today.Please bear with me a few moments while I review your question and respond.

Yes if your husband is harmed here as a contractor you would have a wrongful death suit against the parties involved including the shooter and employer.

As in most states, in order to prove negligence and win a personal injury lawsuit in South Carolina, a victim must prove four elements:

1. Duty;
  2. Breach of that duty by the defendant or defendants;
  3. Causation; and
  4. Injury.

Recent article about SC law

https://greenvillelegal.com/las-vegas-mass-shooting-lessons-sc-personal-injury-lawsuits/

I hope your husband will be ok, certainly he would have a law suit here for his injuries, if he were to decease it becomes wrongful death.I hope this will not happen but you do have remedies here.

Prayers to your husband here, so sorry he is having to deal with this.

I appreciate the chance to help you tonight and the best.

If you can positive rate5 stars it is much appreciated.