I Recieved 6 tickets in one stop I had to hire a lawyer to…

Customer Question
Hi I Recieved 6...

Hi I Recieved 6 tickets in one stop I had to hire a lawyer to have them dismissed . The cost was 2500.00 can I get anything back from the township as I was treated poorly at station. Kept me 6 hrs making my pain unit skyrocket up and down from their equipment

Lawyer's Assistant: Because traffic laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

I have been disabled fully since 2006

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I tried with the lawyer I used but he blew me off

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

I was exonerated but no one addressed my major discomfort moving from police station to another police station Police would not allow me to retrieve device to be turn off pain unit

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago
Nisha Jones

Good evening, I am a Criminal Defense attorney and former Prosecutor for the State Attorney's Office, and I'll be answering your questions today. Keep in mind this is for informational purposes only and we do not have an attorney-client relationship. Please allow me just a few minutes to review your question, thank you!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

I'm sorry to hear this happened.

Unfortunately no, it is not possible to recover the cost of your attorney fees from the police department.

The United States Supreme Court has ruled that they are given immunity from situations like this.

If however there was some sort of physical injury that you sustained, or that was severely worsened, because of negligence on the police officers' part, then you may have grounds for a lawsuit there.

However, you unfortunately won't have any legal standing to recover your attorney fees from the prior tickets.

I hope that helps! I'm sorry to not have better news for you. Please let me know if you have any other questions.

Also, please take a moment to rate me using the stars at the top of the page, as it's the only way experts are compensated for our time on the site. I do not receive a salary here at JustAnswer, and am only compensated for my time after receiving a rating of 3 stars or more (5 stars are always appreciated). The question won't close after rating, so you can still ask follow-up questions after. Thanks, ***** ***** it!

Lawyer: Nisha Jones,
 replied 8 months ago

Hi! Just checking in to see if you have any more questions? I hope I was able to address all of your concerns. Please let me know, I'm here to help. Thanks!