My father in 1982 put all his money in sister Diana name too…

Customer Question
My father in 1982...

My father in 1982 put all his money in sister Diana name too daughther to be shared with all his chilldren but never got the money owed us Now she passed . Can we contest the will she left her children

Lawyer's Assistant: Since estate law varies from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

In clinton county in Plattsburgh new york

Lawyer's Assistant: What documents or supporting evidence do you have?

A p[age of docment page 25

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

Need to get rest of it

Submitted: 8 months ago.Category: Legal
12/12/2017
Lawyer: Olivia Kent, Attorney replied 8 months ago
Olivia Kent
Olivia Kent, Attorney

Hello and welcome to JustAnswer. My name is ***** ***** I'm an attorney. Please note this site is for general information for educational purposes only and does not constitute legal advice. Communicating with an expert on this site does not establish an attorney-client relationship. You might be offered a phone call, but you are under no obligation to accept; the phone call requests don’t come from me - they’re offered by the site - but if you do want a phone call I’d be happy to do that as well.

ANSWER: No, you wouldn't now be able to contest the will. The time to contest the will would have been after your dad passed; the statute of limitations for contesting it has long since expired.