Ask a Lawyer and Get Answers to Your Legal Questions

Just recieved a letter for a judgment amount medical bills;

Customer Question
Just recieved a letter...

Just recieved a letter for a judgment amount medical bills; need to know what form of letter do I need to response with; I have no idea if they are my bills or not; how do I satisfy the courts in responding to this, do I send the courts a letter of discovery and the lawyer as well and the medical billing company I have 20 days to respond and need to do it ASAP... I want to deny the bills due to lack of information;

Lawyer's Assistant: Because laws vary from place to place, can you tell me what state this is in?

State of Washington

Lawyer's Assistant: Has anything been filed or reported?

I just recieved a notice that I have 20 days to respond dont know if that was actually filed but I know I must respond before that date and have it filed with the courts with each getting a copy :O(

Lawyer's Assistant: Anything else you want the lawyer to know before I connect you?

What letter do I use to respond to and the wording I need for the form so I make sure I cover all bases. Just to satisfy this 20 day notice;

Submitted: 2 months ago.Category: Legal
12/11/2017
Lawyer: Law Educator, Esq., Attorney replied 2 months ago

Thank you for your question. I look forward to working with you to provide you the information you are seeking for educational purposes only. Please feel free to ignore any phone service request, the expert does not send those unless asked by customer and they are sent by the site automatically.

Did you receive a lawsuit? Courts do not send "letters" so you need to tell us really what you received so we can tell you what you need to do. Courts do not send you information and discovery, you have to do that on your own with the plaintiff or party who is suing you not the court.

So, you need to tell us what you specifically have received as it makes a difference and you may ultimately need to get a local attorney to actually represent you in this matter if you want to beat them.

Tina, Lawyer